[Dovecot] selinux

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Tue Apr 18 04:41:39 EEST 2006

On 18/04/2006 12:20 p.m., Alfred Tuinman wrote:
> Probably a very know problem but I fail to find a solution.
>
> selinux enforced makes the /etc/init.d/dovecot start command fail
>
> If I change it to permiscious mode then it works.
>
> Any idea how to solve this?
>
> I use FC5 with dovecot-1.0-0.beta2.7

Start by logging a bug in the Fedora Core tracking system at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ if one hasn't been filed for that matter already.

I know that's not going to fix your immediate problem, but it means that it is
very likely to be fixed upstream and will in turn then fixed in the next update
to selinux for FC5.  Until then use the workaround outlined by another poster -
"service dovecot start".

There's no reason why selinux can't be made to work with dovecot....it perhaps
just needs some minor debugging and bug reporting ;-)

Reuben