[Dovecot] POP3 login error, permissions problem?

Marc-André Appel mail at marc-andre.cc
Tue Apr 18 22:19:35 EEST 2006

Hello everybody!

I was searching around for an solution of my problem what surely is just a
little thing, but nothing helped me out. Here the error in the mail.log:
pop3(contact at maddy.cc): Failed to create storage with data:
/var/vmail/maddy.cc/contact/
pop3-login: Login: contact at maddy.cc [84.4.228.150]
dovecot: child 30083 (pop3) returned error 89

Who has to be the owner/group for /var/vmail/maddy.cc and /contact ?
Because i have the user 'virtual' who manages the maildirs and the accounts
(via PostgreSQL) and the user dovecot, but i tried already different
scenarios with both and still no success.

Do you still have some hints what i do wrong? Have you an idea what is
happen here?

Thank you very much

--
Marc-André Appel