[Dovecot] multiple domains for the same user

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 21 18:03:39 EEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 10:08 +0100, pyroneus wrote:
> I have postfix and dovecot set up to use virtual domains. I am now
> experiencing a problem that when I log in as user1 at domain1.tld and
> then log in as user1 at domain2.tld all the emails are downloaded for
> user1 at domain2.tld as it thinks all the messages are new.
>
> is there anyway to stop dovecot from saying that all the messages are
> new?

Well, from this description it's difficult to tell if the problem is in
client side or in server side. Do you mean you're using POP3, or what do
you mean by "emails are downloaded"? If you are using, how could the
POP3 client know that the accounts are the same? With POP3 the server
doesn't keep track of what messages are downloaded, or more importantly
it can't tell it to POP3 clients.