[Dovecot] Just setup Dovecot and having a small problem.

Tom Ray detroitonline at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 16:06:08 EEST 2006

Timo--

Actually, I did figure that out. It's been a long weekend. The problem I'm
having now is the fact that I can login with POP3 and everything works but
when I login with IMAP I get the following error:

PLAIN authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by
your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this computer.

I'm using Outlook Express 6.x since that's what most all my clients use.
Under auth_default{} I have it set with:

passdb passwd-file {
  args = /mail/%d/etc/passwd
}

I have it set like that in both spots listed under auth_default, do I need
to uncomment auth default_with_listener and set things up within there?