[Dovecot] Public Shares, Groups and Undeletable Sent E-mails?

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Wed Apr 26 11:24:24 EEST 2006

Dear all,

We would like to setup, if possible, for example:

We have 4 example groups, we various users in those groups:

Directors
director1,director2

Support
manager1,support1,support2,support3

Enquiries
manager2,enquiry1,enquiry2,enquiry3

Accounts
manager3, accounts1,account2

Shared Mailboxes:
Support: Support, user1, user2, user3
Accounts: Directors, Support

So basically, we want 2 public folder shares, with the names:

Support
Accounts

Everyone in the Support group and user1-3 should be able to subscribe to
the "Support" share.

Everyone in the Directors and Support groups should be able to subscribe
to the Accounts shares (only an example ;-) ).

We also need to set it up that the Managers have visible in the available
shares, all the employees that they look after. No private e-mail allowed.

Symlinks for this?

Is this possible?

We already have the subscribtion file and index files saved in their own
homedirs.

Not sure how to even think about dovecot-shared file and symlinks etc?

Lastly, can it be set so a user can't delete their sent e-mails? chattr -i
on Sent folder, of ACL in Dovecot?

Here's hoping this is all possible ;-)

Thanks,

Gavin.