[Dovecot] Re: mail shown throught outlook, shows todays date

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 28 01:03:04 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 13:54 -0700, richs at whidbey.net wrote:
> I'd like to propose the attached patch to add an optional "outlook-
> dates" IMAP workaround, which returns the message "Date:" even when
> INTERNALDATE is specified.

Oh, that's evil. I always want to sort using the real INTERNALDATE
because Date-header can sometimes be broken (especially with spams).

> Since "BODY.PEEK" is being called anyway, our tests didn't reveal any
> performance impact.  Can anyone think of a scenario this would
> negatively impact? Another option might be to patch the APPEND function?

APPEND sounds better to me.. You could even make it get the timestamp
from the first Received-header if it exists, which makes it pretty close
to INTERNALDATE's idea.