[Dovecot] Bug in new mail-index-transaction.c

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Sat Apr 29 00:36:28 EEST 2006

These changes apparently broke something:

> 	* src/lib-index/mail-index-transaction.c: Fixed crash while
> 	  updating keywords (broken by recent changes).

> 	* src/lib-index/mail-index-transaction.c: If we sorted appended
> 	  messages, we weren't sorting extensions and keywords so they were
> 	  mapped to wrong messages (dbox-only problem, keywords not yet
> 	  fixed by this change).

What I am seeing is when there are messages that have keywords set,
Dovecot occasionally hangs while building the index and/or uidlist.  It
leaves a lock file "dovecot-uidlist.lock" around and the IMAP process
reading that folder never completes successfully.  To fix it, I have have
to rename the message files to remove the keyword.  For example:

$ mv 1146246349.P365Q2.mail1b.r1.iad.emailsrvr.com:2,Sa
1146246349.P365Q2.mail1b.r1.iad.emailsrvr.com:2,S

I reverted back to the copy of src/lib-index/mail-index-transaction.c from
the 4/14/2006 CVS snapshot, and this problem completely went away.  And
mailboxes that were encountering the .lock problem suddenly worked again.

If there is any additional information that you need in order to
troubleshoot this bug, please let me know and I'll be happy to send it.

Bill