[Dovecot] LIST command ignores "hidden=yes" for default namespace

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 7 02:57:48 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 12:04 -0400, Bill Boebel wrote:
> On Sun, June 11, 2006 1:51 pm, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> said:
> > On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 22:03 -0400, Bill Boebel wrote:
> >I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an undesirable feature, but when I
> >have our namespace configured to match Courier's "INBOX." functionality,
> >Dovecot forces me to also define a default namespace (with no prefix).
> >Without the default namespace defined I get "NO Unknown namespace." errors
> >when trying to subscribe or unsubscribe folders.
> >
> > It was a bug when tb-extra-mailbox-sep workaround was enabled. Fixed:
> > http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-June/005709.html
> >

> The second part of this still seems to be the case with RC2... the LIST command ignores "hidden=yes".

hidden=yes only means it's not listed in NAMESPACE command's reply and
that the namespace prefix isn't shown as a mailbox in LIST replies.
Since the prefix is empty and you're listing the mailboxes from root, it
shows the mailboxes as it should..

Correct way would be to just use one namespace and fix the problems
related to it. Could you test with RC6 and show me what commands give
the unknown namespace errors? Subscribing and unsubscribing worked fine
with me. Although INBOX subscription causes some problems with LSUB.