[Dovecot] Dovecot as LDA with Postfix

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Aug 9 20:41:04 EEST 2006

Duncan Hutty wrote:

> I floundered with something that looked like this before. Verify all
> your permissions carefully and your dovecot transport in master.cf. You
> may find something I didn't, but I resolved the problem by making
> deliver suid. I can't decide whether I have introduced a security flaw I
> need to be concerned about here or not.

There must be somethng wrong with the way this is configured. I have to
have:

     disable_plaintext_auth = no

In my dovecot.conf file or else this is all I get when I attempt to POP
email:

     +OK Dovecot ready. [ISafe POP3 Proxy]
     USER bud
     -ERR Plaintext authentication disabled.
     QUIT
     +OK Logging out

I am unable to use TLS with Dovecot, although it does work with Postfix.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net