[Dovecot] Feature request - Reduced View

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Thu Aug 10 04:11:18 EEST 2006

Hi

I have a Nokia 770 which is a pocket sized Linux Wifi 800x600 tool.

I can easily search for and connect to WiFi hotspots and then look at
email in my home system (running Dovecot/Postfix).

This tool would work better if Dovecot would show only a subset of
the mail messages sitting in my home system (I only delete spam..).
Something like a sliding window that would show messages younger than
a week old (configurable slider horizon).

Is this a reasonable feature? Can it be done by just configuring the
existing system differently?

There are probably many users who access their mail with several
different systems during a day or week. A handy/cell phone with
email, or a pocket pda would have the same storage/access limitations
as the Nokia and their users would benefit from the same feature.

Sincerely,

Bob Gustafson