[Dovecot] maildir++ specification compliance.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 10 23:30:45 EEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 15:33 -0400, Apps Lists wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I was doing some testing this morning and realized Dovecot RC2 isn't fully
> compliant with the maildir++ specification.
>
> Most notably, it appears that Dovecot isn't creating a "maildirfolder"
> file (0 byte length) in folders it creates.

Yes, I kind of hated that file from the beginning and hoped never to see
it. But I guess I could create it when new mailboxes are created, but
that's all I'm going to do with it.

> Also, GETQUOTAROOT on a folder (with messages in it) will always return
> the entire usage, not the usage in the folder itself.

Like someone else already replied, quota roots are a different thing.
Dovecot v1.0 supports only one quota root, the CVS HEAD supports
multiple (although the quota backends don't really). Typically they
could be eg. "user quota" and "domain quota".