[Dovecot] OpenLDAP only?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 10 23:47:28 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 20:10 +0900, ssoo at siliconfile.com wrote:
> I tried to compile Dovecot v1.0RC2 on Opeteron/Solaris 10 box.
>
> "db-ldap.c", line 343: undefined symbol: LDAP_SASL_QUIET
>
> "LDAP_SASL_QUIET" is defined as "2U" in OpenLDAP's ldap.h
> but not in /usr/include/ldap.h
>
> How can I compile Dovecot with Sun's LDAP implementation?

Geert, do you know what the difference is between quiet and interactive
flags? I've no idea how it works, but looking at Sun LDAP's comments:

/*
 * ldap_interactive_bind_s Interaction flags
 *  Interactive: prompt always - REQUIRED
 */
#define LDAP_SASL_INTERACTIVE           1U

To me it would look as if it's the correct thing to do and the QUIET
should have worked only if the password wasn't needed at all? (although
obviously OpenLDAP doesn't work like that since it does that)

So should I just change that LDAP_SASL_QUIET to LDAP_SASL_INTERACTIVE,
or just define it to 0 if it's not defined already?