[Dovecot] Seeing dovecot crash under rc6, seems to go almost exactly every 2.5 hours...

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Aug 11 04:01:25 EEST 2006

> We're getting the following crash report, but I'm not sure it contains
> anything immediately useful (especially since we're running on a
> minority platform in OS X)... Anyone see where we might be able to
> resolve this? The crash doesn't kill existing imap processes, but
> dovecot/imap-login needs to be restarted.

Maybe this is related to my FreeBSD problem...

I have three imap-login processes running but none from around when I
started dovecot. I have many stale imap processes (see the other thread).

As I don't know correct behaviour: should I normally have imap-login with
start time of when I started dovecot?

My logs show multiple "dovecot: imap-login: Login" for same user (from
same IP) -- over 130 times in less than one day. Is that normal?