[Dovecot] dovecot tring to load sql modules

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Sun Aug 13 12:10:50 EEST 2006

Dean Gibson (Mail Administrator) wrote:
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: auth(default): dovecot-auth: error
> while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: child 28705 (auth) returned error 127
>
> That's because I installed the RPM from atrpms.net using "--nodeps".
> The RPM requires the above SQL library module, among others (inc.
> postgresql and sqlite).  However:
>
> 1. Why do I need ANY SQL library???  I want PAM to do the authorization.

Because the atrpm's version is apparently compiled with MySQL support.
Rebuild without it or install the MySQL client libraries (alternatively,
you might want to try *cough* another distribution *cough* :) ).

> I hope the above is a dumb question, because that means the fix is
> easy.  No, I'd rather not build my own;  that's why I picked an RPM.

Find a RPM that is compiled without MySQL support.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth