[Dovecot] Problems after upgrade (0.99.x -> 1.0.x)

websafe websafe at partybitchez.org
Tue Aug 15 23:22:56 EEST 2006

Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote::
> * On 15/08/06 16:50 +0200, fazer69 at o2.pl wrote:
> 1.0rc6 crashes with the errors you mention. Try the nightly snapshot
> instead. To be honest, I am still watching the unfolding events while
> running 1.0rc2, which my customers haven't complained about.

Thanks for Your reply :) I've tried with the latest nightly,
but it didn't help. I think it was a problem in my config
and some real chaos ]:-> with libz on this server.

Dovecot was compiled:
#
make clean
./configure \
     --prefix=/usr \
     --localstatedir=/var \
     --sysconfdir=/etc \
     --enable-debug \
     --enable-shared \
     --enable-dependency-tracking \
     && make \
     && make install
#

Now I run dovecot using:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/dovecot/:/usr/lib/dovecot/imap/ dovecot

and everything works fine, even Postfix with Dovecot SASL :)))
with this simple /etc/dovecot.conf:

#
# /etc/dovecot.conf
protocols = pop3 imap