[Dovecot] Migrating from qpopper to dovecot

asko asko.t at ultrasoft.ee
Wed Aug 16 13:54:11 EEST 2006

Hi,

I am planning a migration from Qpopper 4.0.5 to Dovecot.. I need to use
  mbox format (because Openwebmail does not have native Maildir support
yet) and pop3. The system will have about 1500 users, once migrating is
complete.

To avoid users downloading their mailboxes all over again, i need to set
"pop3_reuse_xuidl = yes".. But that option works since Dovecot 1.0alpha1.

RHEL has latest stable version 0.99.11-2.

So let me rephrase my question: is latest dovecot (1.0.rc6) stable
enough to handle the load (mbox with pop3) or should I wait for the
stable version to come out.. I want to avoid trouble under heavy load
and/or with different pop3 clients. I found some problem reports of mbox
related issues from dovecot mailing list.

I could go with latest Qpopper 4.0.8, trading speed to safety..

If you have any similar experiences, please share your knowledge ;-)

--
asko