[Dovecot] Supporting local and virtual LDAP users, with seperate mail_env

Tim Schafer tim_schafer at shipfsp.com
Thu Aug 17 21:01:21 EEST 2006

Thank you Timo,

I changed
default_mail_env = maildir:/home/exim/%n/.maildir

I may not have to support local users

But I'm still running into the problem that the user authenticates as
Firstname Lastname
which is the cn in LDAP
but the uid in LDAP, which would be something like
flastname
needs to be used for mail location.

Is there a way to use the uid in LDAP to specify the mail location,
without modifying the current LDAP database to include the full path?

Regards,
Tim Schafer
Information Technology
                    Logistics Easier with Technology

Freight Solution Providers                    direct 916-376-6190
10453 Old Placerville Road                    fax    916-376-6156
Sacramento, CA 95827                      tim_schafer at shipfsp.com