[Dovecot] separate passdb for imap and pop3

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Sat Aug 26 19:52:32 EEST 2006

Hi!

Is this possible? I couldn't find any writings about the 'auth'
(like 'auth default') keyword in the wiki. What does that mean? Can I
setup seperate user and password dbs for sepearate circumstances?
I've tried to experiment with it and added two auths:

auth pop3 {
  mechanisms = plain digest-md5
  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/dovecot_pop3.passwd
  }
  userdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/dovecot_pop3.passwd
  }
  user = _dv_auth
}

auth imap {
  mechanisms = plain digest-md5
  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/dovecot_imap.passwd
  }
  userdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/dovecot_imap.passwd
  }
  user = _dv_auth
}

But how can I configure dovecot to use the 'auth imap' for imap
authentications, and use 'auth pop3' for pop3 authentications. With the
above setup dovecot always try to use the last one (auth imap).
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Daniel

--