[Dovecot] IMAP Query - Mail not deleted although marked

Chris Kenward kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 19:41:39 EEST 2006

Hi there

> This is a client issue. Some clients let you choose between
> deleting messages by moving them to the Trash folder or just
> by marking them as deleted (which is, arguably, The IMAP
> Way). I don't use Outlook 2003 myself but from what I find by
> googling it seems that there is no such option in Outlook.
> However, you can choose whether deleted messages are hidden or shown.
>
> http://email.about.com/cs/outlooktips/qt/et060204.htm

Excellent tip. Thanks. I've tried and tested it and all works fine. Right!
Off we go to test IMAP fully. Looking forward to this one.

As an aside, apart from Outlook, which I've used for years, is there really
anything else better to run under XP - something which handles IMAP better,
perhaps?

Cheers
Chris