[Dovecot] Indexing transfered mails?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 3 14:51:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 10:04 -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Going to be transfering a number of domains from a Courier setup to Dovecot.

I guess you already did this?

> Is there a way to get Dovecot to index the files before the users access
> their accounts?

A script which logs in a everyone and selects all the mailboxes, I
guess..

Although this isn't necessarily that useful. I mean creating the
dovecot.index files should be really fast, the slow part is getting
dovecot.index.cache filled with the information that clients need. And
if your users are using different clients then you don't really know
what should be placed in there. And in any case none of this should be
all that much slower than what happens when opening the mailbox with
Courier.