[Dovecot] UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 3 17:06:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 13:09 +0100, illicoweb, eric wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some trouble:
> multiple copies of mail

What exactly does this mean? The same mail exists multiple times in the
mailbox?

>  and error messages:
>
> IMAP(contact): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /var/mail/contact

This error by itself doesn't cause any problems. If you have
mbox_very_dirty_syncs=yes it can happen "normally". I guess I should fix
it some day, but it doesn't really hurt anyway.

If you have mbox_very_dirty_syncs=no, then it sounds like your lock
settings are wrong. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/MboxLocking