[Dovecot] master request not found

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 4 23:04:16 UTC 2006

On 5.12.2006, at 0.49, Marshal Newrock wrote:

> Dec  4 17:39:31 vega dovecot: auth(default): Master request 17193.1
> not
> found Dec  4 17:39:31 vega dovecot: auth(default): master out:
> NOTFOUND       1 Dec  4 17:39:31 vega dovecot: pop3-login: Internal
> login failure: user=<XXXX>, method=PLAIN,
> rip=xx.xx.xx.xx, lip=xx.xx.xx.xx

If this happens consistently, I think there's something wrong in your
system. What OS are you using, and do you use some weird kernel
modifications?

The 17193 should be the process ID of the pop3-login process. I'm
guessing it's not. You could add pid=%p to login_log_format_elements
to see if this is the case.

I've heard earlier also that some kernels make fork() return a
different PID than what the child process's getpid() function
returns. Dovecot really doesn't like that.