[Dovecot] quota question

Kenny Dail kend at amigo.net
Tue Dec 5 23:00:31 UTC 2006

I'm afraid I'm being a little confused by the whole quota setup with
dovecot. I see references to quotas about, but I'm not certain how many
of them apply to 1.0rc15. I currently have the conf setup as indicated
on http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota

So, in my setup, I'm using Postfix, Maildrop and Dovecot. Mailstore is
on NFS. Dovecot is handling the pop3 and imap connects. There seems to
be some trouble in the quotas because Courier counts quota one way and
Dovecot in a different way. Quotas are stored on a per user basis in the
MySQL DB.

The trouble I'm getting is that very frequently the quota being reported
is quite different from reality. This leads to erroneous over quota
delivery errors.

So what is necessary to make sure the quotas work as they are supposed
to in my environment?

Once again thank you very much for your help.
--
Kenny Dail <kend at amigo.net>