[Dovecot] Extra inbox problem

Stephen Allen dovecot at rowyerboat.com
Thu Dec 7 15:35:49 UTC 2006

One of my users (who uses Outlook) has lost all her folders that were
inside her INBOX.  She collects her mail by IMAP.  I have confirmed that
she has no folders in her INBOX.

However, if I use Pine, I can see a couple of extra folders, "INBOX."
and "Junk Email." that I don't think should be there.  There already
folders by that name but without the dot on the end. If I look in
"INBOX." I can see the folders she's missing and the folder that they
contain etc.

I backed up and moved the files listed under .maildir, and Dovecot
recreated them, but it made no difference to the problem.

I don't understand why those extra folders appear in Pine, but not Outlook.

Kind regards,
Steve