[Dovecot] Blocked

Dominic Marks dom at helenmarks.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 11:14:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:22:28 +0100
Jos Chrispijn <jos at webrz.net> wrote:

> I have blocked some pop3 user sessions:
>
> Dec  8 00:03:38 xxxxxx pop3-login: Disconnected: user=<johndoe>
>
> Is there a way of sending a message to a user that constantly tries to
> establish a block pop3 session?

An alternative which does this is to replace their mailbox with
a read-only mbox or maildir containing a single mail with the
'you have been blocked' message you want. Obviously you would
need to allow them to log in again, but they would only receive
the message you choose.

Just make sure that new mail doesn't go into it.

Dominic