[Dovecot] Recipient delimiters, deliver and SQL databases

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Sat Dec 9 18:05:00 UTC 2006

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:56:20 +0100
Nils Vogels <nivo+sender+9bb457 at is-root.com> wrote:

> One of the features supported by postfix, and required for my setup is
> recipient delimiters. Using recipient delimiters, you can basically
> send extra information in the e-mail address, to maybe deliver the
> message into subfolders directly, or to run anti-spam software such
> as TMDA against.

Side note: if you use TMDA with what I refer to as the Challenge
Response Authentication Protocol, you are a source of spam.  Sending
backscatter, and will get you blocked.  No one wants to deal with your
CRAP.

> When I try to deliver such a message, I get a user unknown:
[snip]
> Now, I am pretty sure the problem lies with the %u, expanding to
> user+test at mydomain, which in some way should become user at mydomain,
> since the latter is the actual mailbox name of the user, but: how?

Check the postfix setting recipient_delimiter.

--
Marshal Newrock
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com