[Dovecot] Disconnects with proxies / new facts

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Mon Dec 11 23:08:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just tried the below with the current version 1.0 RC15 and I still got
the Problem:
telnet gives me the following output:
-----8<-----8<-----8<-----SNIP-----8<-----8<-----8<-----
+OK dovecot ready.u-ERR invalid command u
s-ERR invalid command s
e-ERR invalid command e
r-ERR invalid command r
 -ERR invalid command
u-ERR invalid command u
s-ERR invalid command s
e-ERR invalid command e
r-ERR invalid command r
_-ERR invalid command _
1-ERR invalid command 1

-ERR invalid command
-----8<-----8<-----8<-----SNIP-----8<-----8<-----8<-----

The above output results from the following entry: user user_1[ENTER]

So now I know that this is no version issue.
Can you tell me something on how I can find the solution for this
problem? I don't think its a firewall issue, I disabled my Desktop
Firewall. On the server I use shorewall, but of course, port 110 is open
and it works disabling AntiVir on the client side. The error also occurs
when I disable the Server Firewall as well. The error is reproducible on
several PCs (I tried 3 PCs).
Have you got any hint? Without solving the problem, I have to switch the
pop3 server to another one, because this problem is really a crucial
one.The only problem is: I loke dovecot. :)

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------