[Dovecot] Recipient delimiters, deliver and SQL databases

Jim Horner jhorner at arinbe.com
Tue Dec 12 17:36:24 UTC 2006

> Now, I am pretty sure the problem lies with the %u, expanding to
> user+test at mydomain, which in some way should become user at mydomain, since
> the latter is the actual mailbox name of the user, but: how?

I think it would be nice if deliver took a -e ${extension} but for now I use
this in Postfix:

dovecot unix    -       n       n       -       10      pipe
  flags=DORhu user=vuser argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
${user}@${nexthop}

My sieve scripts, of course, don't know about the extension so I have to
filter accordingly.

Jim