[Dovecot] Postfix + Doveot SASL

Marco Nenciarini mnencia at prato.linux.it
Wed Dec 13 18:26:16 UTC 2006

Hi, i'm trying to configure my postfix to use dovecot SASL instead of
saslauthd with rimap to authenticate my users.

I've modified my postfix/dovecot configuration as is described on
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PostfixAndDovecotSASL but when an user try to
login it fails with the following log (debug_auth = on):

Dec 12 15:07:53 lorien dovecot: auth(default): client in: AUTH^I1^IPLAIN^Iservice=smtp^Iresp=<hidden>
Dec 12 15:07:53 lorien dovecot: auth(default): passdb(mnencia at prato.linux.it,master): Attempted master login with no master passdbs
Dec 12 15:07:55 lorien dovecot: auth(default): client out: FAIL^I1^Iuser=mnencia at prato.linux.it

The question is? Why i need a master login to use SASL? How to make my
postfix SASL using usual userdb?

Ciao,
Marco

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia at prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4