[Dovecot] NEWBIE: Package Requirements List?

Aaron J Weber aweber at comcast.net
Wed Dec 13 22:05:18 UTC 2006

I can't seem to find a succinct listing of the packages (and optional packages) required to compile dovecot.  I see references to various RDBMS's, but nothing that says I actually _require_ one, etc.  I see references to openssl, but similarly, I don't see that it's technically required.

Is there a link I'm missing that indicates the pre-conditions (pre-installed/configured software) before compiling and linking dovecot?

Thanks in advance!
-AJ