[Dovecot] Actually what is the SQL DB used for?

Aaron J Weber aweber at comcast.net
Thu Dec 14 02:04:26 UTC 2006

Is a RDBMS required for Dovecot to run in small (SOHO) environments?  (Does it store indexes to the mail, etc.?)  Or is it strictly leveraged for larger-scale environments?

I'm asking, because the INSTALL says ./configure and make is enough for most...but as my previous post requested...there isn't anywhere that lists Required Packages/Software.  We need to get that out there before 1.0RC becomes 1.0! :)

-AJ