[Dovecot] 1.0 Release?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Thu Dec 14 18:50:30 UTC 2006

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> I think nobody knows, but the latest RC is pretty stable.
> I have not problem at all in:
> Centos 4.4 + sendmail + procmail + Maildir + dovecot

I have avoided reporting anything until I could narrow down the issue,
but with dovcot cvs as of yesterday morning I still get timeout errors
and failure to move email around in Thunderbird.

I've seen a few others reporting on various Thunderbird involved issues,
but nothing anyone has said seems to actually fix the problem.

Currently, I am running without SSL/TLS and it seems to work slightly
better, but I still have to restart Thunderbird v1.5.0.8 quite a few
times every day in order to clean things up so mail actually will open
and copy between imap-based folders.

Others using this same email server but run M$ Outhouse have similar
issues - mainly just copying email to the Sent folder though.

Jeremy McNamara