[Dovecot] problem on "multiple addresses"

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 15 12:19:14 UTC 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 07:31:18PM +0800, Quentin Chung (KTS) wrote:
> I have do a search on google but found nothing..
> My configuration is:
> RH ES3
> Dovecot 1.0.0.4 from atrpms (dovecot-1.0-0_4_stable20050221.el3.at)
> My problem is.. my mailbox has 2 internet (interface A, ip 1.2.3.4 and interface B, 9.8.7.6) and 1
> intranet (interface C, 192.168.0.x) access. Default route is on interface A.
> pop3/imap access from connection A & C has no problem at all.  But, any connection from interface B
> it will get a timeout error.
> I can sure routing is correct..  since I have virtual host on web server and running ftp server, I
> tested it connecting from both IP it shows no error..
>
> Anyone can give me some hints to fix it ??  thanks in advance.

Could you upgrade dovecot to http://atrpms.net/dist/el3/dovecot/? The
version you use is almost 2 years old. Thanks!

(Not that it will fix your problem (most probably not), but any advice
you will get on the list will assume you are running something more
recent)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net