[Dovecot] Deleting mail accounts older than 6 monthes

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Dec 21 15:50:00 UTC 2006

--On Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:03 AM -0800 Najib Abi Fadel
<nabifadel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have a mail server with many users and i am using dovecot as pop3
> server. I was wondering if there is a way to detect the last date each
> user logged in to the server for retrieving his mail.
>
> I need to delete the users that has not logged in to their accounts the
> last 6 monthes.

The atime on the folder will tell you, if you haven't attempted to read the
file since Dovecot last accessed it.

That means you can't run a verify against the file when backing up the
partition. I get around this by remounting my partitions with noatime
before doing my verify pass. (The backup is done with dump, which bypasses
the filesystem and hence doesn't affect atime. But the verify is done with
restore, which does go through the filesystem.)