[Dovecot] Sloooooow pop3 downloads

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 21 18:27:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 11:28 -0600, Rian Booyer - Camden County Library
District wrote:
> Version 1.0.rc15
>
> Os - Fedora core 6
> Problem - Receiving messages at about a few bytes per second

Uh. But it's still sending them a few bytes at a second, ie. it doesn't
first just send something like 1kB and then stop sending completely?

If it keeps sending few bytes/sec, then I can't see how it could
possibly be because of Dovecot itself. I'd start looking into something
that exists between Dovecot and the client.

If it hangs completely, then .. well, strace of the pop3 process could
help. Or strace -f of the dovecot master process so it includes the
pop3's stracing.