[Dovecot] Dovecot killing OpenLDAP

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Fri Dec 22 23:07:40 UTC 2006

Hi all,

For some reason, dovecot is holding a connection up, so we can't shutdown
our directory server.

OpenLDAP just sits there waiting for the thread to finish.

Our OpenLDAP logs show (binding example and shutdown):

connection_input: conn=1 deferring operation: binding

daemon: shutdown requested and initiated.
conn=1 fd=12 closed (slapd shutdown)
slapd shutdown: waiting for 1 threads to terminate

Sometimes the IMAP connection is also dropped.

We are storing our users in the directory for passdb and userdb, no
prefetch enabled.

Running rc15 on FC6.

This is crashing OpenLDAP 2.3.31 (bdb 4.2.52), as it won't shutdown. We
have to do a db_recover after removing alock.

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.