[Dovecot] unknown namespace with Mac OS client

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Wed Dec 27 14:07:20 UTC 2006

I see in this thread,
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-April/012918.html, that others had
simmilar problems with Mac OS client.

Anyone got a working Dovecot + Mac OS setup?
In particular with RC15.

Our setup
default_mail_env = maildir:Maildir

namespace private {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}

Would it help to use
hidden = yes ??

Reading the description doesn't say much to me.. in particular I guess I am
not familiar with the IMAP protocol to appreciate the explanation in the
config file.

The server is getting data originally coming from a Courier setup. I wrote a
couple of scripts to convert files names and delete old setup files.

So far we have moved 3 domains to this machine and the only one with the
problem so far is the customer with the Mac client. Unless we can solve this
soon, we will have to move him back to a courier server ... until we can
figure how to solve this problem.