[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Daniel Ballenger lpmusix at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 18:49:46 UTC 2006

On 12/29/06, Samir M. Nassar <dovecot at myriapolis.net> wrote:
> Am I wrong in thinking that a sieve daemon should become active when dovecot
> starts?

There's supposed to be a daemon?

> Here is my .dovecot.sieve
>
> require "fileinto";
> if address :is "from" "foo at example" {
>         fileinto ".INBOX.test";
> } else {
> # The rest goes into INBOX
> # default is "implicit keep", we do it explicitly here
>         keep;
> }

Does .dovecot.sieve.err exist?  I believe I tried something similar to
that at first and had to change "from" to "From"

Most certainly though check for the existance (and contents) of the
.dovecot.sieve.err file, it'll tell you exactly what's wrong (assuming
sieve is probably configured and running).

Regards,
Daniel
--
Daniel Ballenger