[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Luca Corti luca at leenoox.net
Fri Dec 29 19:42:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 12:29 -0600, Samir M. Nassar wrote:
> I am running debian etch with dovecot 1.0 rc15 from the debian repository with
> postfix 2.3
> I am using virtual users in a postgreSQL database as taken from the dovecot
> wiki while making use of the password field for authentication

Same setup here, except for local user accounts.

> I am using deliver as LDA and I am attempting to use the sieve plugin but try
> as I might I can't seem to get it working.
>
> Am I wrong in thinking that a sieve daemon should become active when dovecot
> starts?

There's no SIEVE daemon. SIEVE functionality is implemented as a plugin
to the dovecot LDA. You sould check out the dovecot-lda module from CVS
and build it against your dovecot sources.

> Here is my .dovecot.sieve

This is not processed until you build and configure the sieve plugin.

> Here is my dovecot.conf:

You miss a "protocol lda" section specifying which plugins should be
loaded. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve for documentation.

ciao

Luca