[Dovecot] almost there with procmail and dovecot

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sat Dec 30 10:48:06 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am running dovecot-1.0-0_34 on Centos 4.4

In dovecot.conf I have:

default_mail_env = maildir:/var/spool/mail/vhosts/%n/%d

the content of that folder is:

drwxrwxr-x   3 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 05:23 ..
drwx------   5 vmail vmail   4096 Sep 12 13:55 .Drafts
drwx------   5 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 29 18:26 .Sent
drwx------   5 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 03:37 .Trash
drwx------   5 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 05:23 INBOX
drwx------   5 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 05:10 INBOX.work
drwx------   5 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 05:10 INBOX.family
drwx------   2 vmail vmail   8192 Dec 30 03:32 cur
-rw-------   1 vmail vmail    681 Dec 30 02:38 dovecot-uidlist
-rw-------   1 vmail vmail    144 Dec 30 03:32 dovecot.index
-rw-------   1 vmail vmail  21504 Dec 30 03:32 dovecot.index.cache
-rw-------   1 vmail vmail 110300 Dec 30 03:32 dovecot.index.log
drwx------   2 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 03:25 new
-rw-r--r--   1 root  root      18 Dec 30 05:21 subscriptions
drwx------   2 vmail vmail   4096 Dec 30 02:34 tmp

and the subscription file contains:

Sent
Trash
Drafts

For reasons not really relevant here I need to use procmail as MDA:
all the INBOX* Maildir folders are created by procmail with recipes
like this:

MAILDIR=same as in dovecot default_mail_env

:0:
* ^From: dad at his.isp.com
INBOX.family

#everything else goes to:
:0
* w
INBOX/

The problem right now is that procmail delivers all messages correctly
but the folders are invisible to squirrelmail. From its interface I
can only see Sent, Trash and Drafts. Is this a folder naming problem,
a configuration issue or what?

How must I name those inboxes and/or reconfigure dovecot to have those
folders accessible in squirrelmail?

TIA,
	Marco