[Dovecot] Openwebmail with Dovecot

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Wed Feb 1 20:40:35 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 06:01 +0100, Wouter Van Hemel wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:34:39 +0100
> Udo Rader <udo.rader at bestsolution.at> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 14:16 -0400, Not Here wrote:
> > > So far I've managed to get Dovecot to work fine for regular POP users
> > > and Squirrelmail. Even though it seems dead slow and obsolete, a few
> >
> > How come you think it is obsolete? the last release was in june 2005 ...
> > and about speed, it is indeed very fast if you combine it with
> > speedycgi.
> >

> Debian removed it from its package system a while back because it was
> "Riddled with security holes". Do you know if there's been any progress on
> that?

Hmm, maybe I've been blind about those plenty of security holes, but
AFAIK all of those have been closed in an adequate time, see eg. the
announcements in the openwebmail forum:

http://openwebmail.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

The only thing that needs to be done as usual is to keep it up2date with
the upstream releases.

Or do you have other information?

I know that the project is currently in a migration phase, but thats
nothing extraordinary for an OSS project, IMHO. See this link for
further information:

http://openwebmail.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2084

... as you see, I really happen to like this project as we never had a
single issue with it ... but I am afraid that this is becoming more and
more off-topic for this ML now 8-)

regards

Udo Rader

--