[Dovecot] error: mbox-sync-headers

Ludwig Meyerhoff ludwig.meyerhoff at tu-harburg.de
Tue Feb 7 11:50:23 EET 2006

Hallo!

I installed dovecot at a customers and it is not working.
Neither the 1.0.alpha4 (Debian testing) nor the 1.0.beta2 (Debian unstable) do.

in /var/log/mail.err I get following error message over and over again:

Feb  7 07:12:02 harmserv dovecot: imap(duerkop): file mbox-sync-rewrite.c:
line 106 (mbox_sync_headers_add_space): assertion failed: (start_pos < data_size)
Feb  7 07:12:02 harmserv dovecot: child 21001 (imap) killed with signal 6

Please notice the client reads the index but cannot access the contents themself!

What does this errormessage mean, and how can I get rid of her?

Saluti!

Ludwig