[Dovecot] Dovecot index issues (Solaris/Thunderbird)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 7 17:35:31 EET 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 09:11 -0700, Mario Nigrovic-rvvk40 wrote:

> >>Hmm.  I don't see any such file!  Can it be recreated, or maybe restored from backup?
> >

> > Dovecot always creates it. If you're able to open the maildir, the first
> > thing that happens is that dovecot-uidlist file gets created. Each
> > mailbox has its own one of those..
> >

> I've done a thorough search of the while .mail/Maildir hierarchy, and there are no such files here!  I also don't see any in the INDEX directory.

Well, the problem must be related to that then. The dovecot-uidlist
files are created immediately after mailbox is opened. Dovecot only
deletes them if their contents are corrupted, but then it also writes
about that to logs (the log line contains dovecot-uidlist text).

If the dovecot-uidlist file doesn't exists and there isn't anything in
logs about them, something's really wrong.