[Dovecot] Re: MySQL client out of memory error

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Tue Feb 7 19:47:26 EET 2006

Alexander -

We had this exact same issue with MySQL authentication.  We resolved
it by changing this entry in the auth section of the dovecot.conf:

   # Number of authentication processes to create
   #count = 1

We set count=20, and then through testing lowered it to count=10.
This starts 10 auth-worker processes and to this point we have not
had problems with the out of memory condition.

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator