[Dovecot] Dovecot does not access /var/mail when using Maildir

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed Feb 8 15:22:15 EET 2006

On 2006-02-08 13:57:06 +0100, mirko at mirkonet.nl wrote:
> A Colleague of mine has fount the problem, so for others, here is the
> solution:
>
> Remove in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
> mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

possible solution but imho the wrong way.

> This command will force all the mail to var/mail/spool and when removed it
> will delivered nicely to /home/mirko/Maildir/Inbox

[[[
# DELIVERY TO MAILBOX
#
# The home_mailbox parameter specifies the optional pathname of a
# mailbox file relative to a user's home directory. The default
# mailbox file is /var/spool/mail/user or /var/mail/user.  Specify
# "Maildir/" for qmail-style delivery (the / is required).
#
#home_mailbox = Mailbox
# home_mailbox = Maildir/

# The mail_spool_directory parameter specifies the directory where
# UNIX-style mailboxes are kept. The default setting depends on the
# system type.
#
#mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
#mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail