[Dovecot] trouble compiling today's CVS in Solaris 9

Glenn Leavell glenn at usg.edu
Thu Feb 9 21:43:31 EET 2006

I've recently been able to compile the CVS code in Solaris 9, but I'm now
getting a few errors.

First, I receive this error during the autogen process:

 src/plugins/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/plugins/convert does not
 exist
 configure.in:1717: required file `src/plugins/convert/Makefile.in' not found

I can workaround that by removing the reference to src/plugins/convert
in configure.in.

I then get this error:

  src/plugins/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/plugins/convert does not
  exist

I can workaround that by removing the reference to the convert plugin from
src/plugins/Makefile.am.  After that, the autogen process completes and I
get the previously discussed shell error when running make:

  if [ "" != "" ]; then \
    for i in  ; do \
          echo "extern struct sql_db driver_${i}_db;"
  >>sql-drivers-register.c ; \  done \
  fi
  /bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
  /bin/bash: -c: line 1: `if [ "" != "" ]; then  for i in  ; do  echo "extern
  struct sql_db driver_${i}_db;" >>sql-drivers-register.c ;  done  fi'

I can workaround that by simply running make from /bin/sh.  I then
get this error:

  Making all in auth
  make[3]: Entering directory `/home/glenn/dovecot/src/auth'
  /bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=link --tag=CC gcc  -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -Wall ...
  <snip>
  userdb-prefetch.o userdb-static.o userdb-vpopmail.o userdb-sql.o
  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib libpassword.a ../lib-settings/libsettings.a
  ../lib-ntlm/libntlm.a ../lib-sql/libsql.a ../lib/liblib.a -lcrypt -lpam
  -lldap -ldl -lsocket -lnsl -lrt -lsendfile
  sql_drivers_register_all            main.o
  ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to dovecot-auth
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make[3]: *** [dovecot-auth] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/glenn/dovecot/src/auth'

I'm not sure why sql_drivers_register_all is getting referenced.  I tried
explicitly turning off all sql-related options on the configure command
line, and that didn't help.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Glenn