[Dovecot] Mixed IMAP/POP3 environment, a success

Denis Sbragion d.sbragion at infotecna.it
Fri Feb 10 11:58:54 EET 2006

Hello everybody,

I just want to inform the Dovecot developers and users that I completely migrated the
first mailbox (my own one) from Eudora/UW to SquirrelMail/Dovecot. I'm using it since a
couple of days and after a bit of tuning (mostly SquirrelMail related) it works like a
charm. I even performed some heavy operations, like moving thousands of messages between
different mailboxes or searching within a 1 Gb folder, and performances are indeed
great.

My sincere greatest compliments to the Dovecot developers and my biggest thanks to the
people who helped me. No wonder that Fedora/RedHat has decided to adopt Dovecot as the
default IMAP server for future releases. It looks like the perfect balance between
security, performances, flexibility, standards conformance and ease of use.

Bye,

--
	Denis Sbragion
	InfoTecna