[Dovecot] RE: epoll error when running as proxy

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Fri Feb 10 17:30:14 EET 2006

On Thursday, February 9, 2006 20:39, Jakob Hirsch said:

> By chance, I looked into the code tonight and found that
> io_loop_handle_add calls epoll_ctl sometimes with MOD on fds that were
> just DELeted before. This is caused by iolist_del, which always returns
> TRUE. I don't fully understand the code (and it looks a little
> overcomplicated to me, considering the epoll code I wrote myself), but
> the attached mini patch makes epoll work again in my setup. Don't know
> if this is a complete fix, though.
>
> Timo, could you look into this and confirm/negate, please?

This patch worked in our environment too - thanks Jakob.  The
"io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl" errors went away and the IMAP proxy works
as expected now.

I don't fully understand what this patch does to the epoll data structures
though... Can somebody confirm that this change is safe and its not going
to create any leaks or other weirdness?

Bill