[Dovecot] no protocols inhibits dovecot --exec-mail

Marcus Rueckert rueckert at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sat Feb 11 15:20:41 EET 2006

On 2006-02-11 12:11:11 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Running the current debian unstable version (1.0.beta2) dovecot tells
> me:
> $ /usr/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap
> Error: No protocols given in configuration file
>
> Could this be changed? I don't need dovecot listening on any ports but
> would still like to allow this usage... Or should I configure protocols
> but no listen addresses instead? [if so the debian package needs an
> update because it filters out the case of no protocols and doesn't start
> dovecot in that case]

just create a proper configuration file but do not start the master
process. than it wouldnt be listening anywhere. i dont think the
maintainer of the package has to do anything there. just disable the
init script (rcconf e.g. you will know the debian way)

just my 2 cents

    darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux