[Dovecot] Problems with POP3 UIDL when migrating from MBOX to Maildir

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Mon Feb 13 01:55:22 EET 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 10:44:54PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 16:20 +0100, Jonas Olsson wrote:
> > Questions:
> > ----------------
> >
> > How does Dovecot generate the POP3 UIDL?
>
> Using pop3_uidl_format. %v means UIDVALIDITY and %u means message UID.
> With maildir those are taken from dovecot-uidlist file.

More generically there is also the pop3_reuse_xuidl option which I've
used extensively in migration scripts from legacy POP3 servers; the
scripts actually fetch from the legacy store using POP3 UIDL and
just insert the header when spewing it to the dovecot store.

see http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration#head-99ef10c69108e731db56d7b83b51a9fdb1152b4c

joshua

--
Josh "Koshua" Goodall                      "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109